I'm always looking for new ways to eat chicken breast. Lately, I've just been marinating it in a combination of simple seasoning and pan frying or grilling it. However, on this particular day I was craving a different way, just didn't know which way. I sat through my cookbooks and browsed online, trying to find that perfect recipe that would tickle my taste buds. As I was browsing through Thai & South-East Asian Cooking and Far Eastern Classics, I came across the Stir-Fried Chicken with Basil and Chili, and my eyes widened. I adapted the recipe slightly to my taste buds and with what I had on hand.
Thai Style Chicken Breast [serves 4]
Prep Time: 15 mins Cooke Time: 15 mins
- 3 tbsp vegetable, just enough to coat your pan
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh thai chilis, finely chopped
- 1/4 of an onion, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 10 sweet basil leaves
- Add oil, garlic, thai chilis, and onions to a pan on medium heat. Cook for 1-2 minutes until garlic has browned and onions are a little bit translucent.
- Add chicken to pan and stir-fry until chicken starts to change color.
- Add fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar. Stir to make sure you're incorporating all the flavors. Continue to stir-fry until the chicken is fully cooked, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the fresh basil, and give it a quick toss to incorporate it into your chicken.
I hope you enjoy this quick and easy meal as much as I did!