Tuesday, August 13, 2013

wedding wear

dress (worn to ceremony): H&M // clutch: Zara // shoes: Guess // bracelets: Kate Spade & Nordstrom
my year wouldn't be complete without a wedding.  and if you saw my last post, i had the pleasure of witnessing my long time friend tie the knot to an amazing woman.

usually, dressing for a wedding comes easy to me, dress, studs, bracelets, bam.  however, this time around, after taking advantage of the Nordstrom anniversary and finding nothing i deemed suitable for this wedding within my budget, i decided to revisit my closet.

I pulled out favorite items, but they seemed too fall-ish for this wedding, or they were blush pink, and i didn't want to end up a long lost bridesmaid.  i spotted my favorite H&M dress, but wore it to a wedding previously.  it was 10 days before the wedding, and i was seriously stumped.  then i spotted my grey and black tulle skirt that i made previously, and the light bulb went off.

I took this H&M dress and put it together with this tulle skirt, with some modifications:


Description of Photo
dress worn as top: H&M // tulle skirt: DIY // belt: DIY // earrings: Kate Spade // necklace: J.Crew (old) // shoes: Reed Krakoff // arm candy: BF
i wish i had more outfit pictures to show you all, but we were too busy celebrating!

DIY. if i had pictures to show you how i made this skirt, i'd show you.  unfortunately i made it in such a haste, and mostly in my poorly lit room.  boo.  good news though! i found two fantastic tutorials to help you make your own.  the first is a brilliantly detailed (IMO) tutorial by Rummage Living, you'll probably need some basic sewing knowledge.  and here's a simple beautiful no-sew version by Living Well Spending Less.

For my belt, i was inspired by Maegan's tutorial on her blog ...love Maegan.  instead of hot gluing the rhinestones on, i sewed them on for extra reinforcement. i found the material for my belt in the trimmings aisle of Joann's and sewed these clasps at the desired locations.  i used two different spots to adjust for thicker fabrics, and food babies (can't help it, this girl loves to eat) .  i then sewed the felted rhinestone piece onto the edge of one side. hook & clasp. ready to roll!

thank you for stopping by today.  i hope i was able to inspire some of you to think outside the box, while staying inside the box ;)

<3 roe [flan remix]

No comments:

Post a Comment