Friday, September 12, 2014

Cook: Thai Style Chicken Stir-Fry

I'm always looking for new ways to eat chicken breast.  Lately, I've just been marinating it in a combination of simple seasoning and pan frying or grilling it.  However, on this particular day I was craving a different way, just didn't know which way.  I sat through my cookbooks and browsed online, trying to find that perfect recipe that would tickle my taste buds.  As I was browsing through Thai & South-East Asian Cooking and Far Eastern Classics, I came across the Stir-Fried Chicken with Basil and Chili, and my eyes widened.  I adapted the recipe slightly to my taste buds and with what I had on hand.

Thai Style Chicken Breast [serves 4]
Prep Time: 15 mins    Cooke Time: 15 mins
  • 3 tbsp vegetable, just enough to coat your pan
  • 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
  • 2 fresh thai chilis, finely chopped
  • 1/4 of an onion, chopped
  • 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
  • 2 tbsp fish sauce
  • 2 tsp light soy sauce
  • 1 tsp granulated sugar
  • 10 sweet basil leaves
  1. Add oil, garlic, thai chilis, and onions to a pan on medium heat. Cook for 1-2 minutes until garlic has browned and onions are a little bit translucent.
  2. Add chicken to pan and stir-fry until chicken starts to change color.  
  3. Add fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar.  Stir to make sure you're incorporating all the flavors.  Continue to stir-fry until the chicken is fully cooked, about 4-5 minutes.
  4. Stir in the fresh basil, and give it a quick toss to incorporate it into your chicken.


I hope you enjoy this quick and easy meal as much as I did!

<3 Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment