Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Year ... Improved Me


Year after year I make a resolution that's somewhat detailed, and I never succeed at them.  This year, I decided to stay general, and a little specific.  The pressure of writing 3x a week, or cooking 4x a week, or taking a photo everyday gets lost as the year progresses, so I decided this year to focus on certain areas rather than specifics.

Capital - this year, i want to focus on saving more and spending less.  i feel like i say this every year, but i definitely want to continue working on this.  in my early college years, when i just started taking care of my own finances and debt, i didn't do too well.  i graduated college with loads of debt and little knowledge of what i could do to get out of it.  throughout the years i've evaluated and reevaluated my finances and downsized my debt.  i hope this year i'll be debt free and on my way to building a better future.

Constitution - here we're talking about the physical character of the body as to strength and health.  since my ACL surgery, several years ago, i've never felt as healthy or as athletic.  blame it on the cadaver tendon in me. however, no more excuses this year.  i'm determined to make myself feel 100% good.  what does that mean? it's vague, just for me to get to a point where i'm happy with my level of activity, where i don't feel lazy and lethargic all the time.

Cook - since i moved home, i relied on everyone else to cook and only cooked on special occasions.  since then, i have moved out, and still have not stepped up my cooking game.  there's a lot of eating out with friends and take out going on.  i'm determined this year to cook through some of my favorite cookbooks.

Create - more handmade gifts and cards. more DIY. less shopping, and more creating.

Document - there are a lot of memories in the making.  i don't take as many pictures as I used to, and i really want to.  so i want to make sure that this year i take more pictures, blog more, and maybe even put together some scrapbooks and albums.  i want to cherish the memories that we want.  cheesy, but true.

What would you like to accomplish this year?

Thanks for stopping by today!! Hope you have a great day!

and GO NINERS!!

<3 roe [flan remix]

No comments:

Post a Comment