Friday, July 11, 2014

Drink With Me: Mojito


I always want to entertain, but my current home has horrible parking.  That, however, doesn't mean I can't entertain myself.  To kick off this hot summer, I talked myself into pulling the trigger on buying a bar cart. Hah, let's face it, it didn't take that much persuasion.  The style and functionality of being able to lift the top tray off to carry around was perfect, however, the color is a little drab for me, but that's for a future project.

I was anxious to stock my bar, but buying several bottles of alcohol at once, isn't quite in my budget, or even realistic for me.  So, while browsing my Instagram feed, I was instantly inspired by a friend's drink of choice that evening, the mojito.  How simple and refreshing!  I ran to the store, bought myself some rum, mint, and a couple of limes.  Only a couple of limes, since they're so expensive! I cheated a little bit, and bought sparkling lime water to get that lime flavor infused.



Mojito [serves 2]
  • mint leaves
  • half lime, cut into wedges
  • 3 oz rum
  • 1 TBS mint infused simple syrup
  • ice
  • sparkling lime water
  1. Prepare to drinking glasses filled with ice.
  2. In a quart mason jar, since I don't have a shaker, add your mint leaves, lime wedges, and if you want any other fruit flavors, now would be the time to add a couple chunks of watermelon, slices of orange, etc.  Muddle these guys together.
  3. Add your rum and the mint infused simple syrup, and fill with ice to the top. 
  4. Top of your drink with the sparkling lime water.
  5. Cover, shake, and pour into your glass of choice.
*NOTE: if you like it sweeter, add more simple syrup, if you don't like it as sweet, add less simple syrup.

I made a classic mojito for BF, and did a refreshing watermelon for myself. This definitely hit the spot during our heat wave.

Get on this!  What kind of flavors will you be infusing in your mojito??

<3 roe

No comments:

Post a Comment